12/10/05

What a difference a day makes

Day 2

Wow, were we tired or what?! Kristin and I both cashed out last night around 8 PM. Sleep has replenished our energy. Kristin is feeling better by the hour, and as soon as the pneumonia clears up, we will be able to go home. Victoria is having a wonderful day of firsts. Her first bit of food in her stomach closely followed by her first poop. Her first time being held by mommy and followed by daddy. Today they removed the Cpap (breathing apparatus that makes her look like a Navy pilot). We were able to hear her cry for the first time (for us) also. Lots of visitors and phone calls has made it a busy day. So again, I will leave you with a picture and a promise to continue the updates as much as possible.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's absolutely beautiful. Glad that things are going so well. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Went to a small church in Royal Oak this morning. I didn't know them; they didn't know me. When it came time for prayers, I asked for one for my new grand niece.
I figured my gmail (Godmail) was a done deal until someone asked "what's her name?" (These folks take their prayer seriously and personally!) I guess even gmail needs a valid address!
Know that your extended family has grown by about 25 folks.
Thanks again for taking precious time to keep your family posted.
CU

Anonymous said...

Kristin and Rod,
Congratulations!!! Victoria is absolutely beautiful and we are grateful for her progress and health. We really appreciate this avenue of info and the pictures, they are worth the thousand words that are in your heart. You are going to be great parents and we look forward to meeting Victoria face to face. You remain in our thoughts and prayers.
John and Ann