12/12/05

Home ...Not So Sweet Home

Around 7 PM Sunday, Kristin and I finally left the hospital for home. It was bitter-sweet. Coming home without our little girl hurts, but we know she is in the best hands. Sunday Kristin and I got to be involved in some more firsts. We assisted with Victoria's first bath and we both changed a diaper. It was so FUN!! Kristin also spent some time doing "kangaroo care". If you don't know what this is, well neither did I a few days ago. This is a time of bonding where they place the baby directly on the parent's chest for skin to skin contact. It has all kinds of benefits for the baby and parents. Today Victoria lost a bit more weight, down to 2 lbs. 15 oz., but I am assured that this is not a major concern. It is now 7:30 AM and we are getting ready to go she her, so once again I leave you with a picture. This is one of my favorites to date!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great photo!!! It really is time for you and me to open that Chivas

Jaj

Anonymous said...

She is so precious and beautiful and I can hardly wait to be with her again.

Busha

snarflemarfle said...

Sweet, sweet baby!

Anonymous said...

Kris and Rod,

You probably got my "encouragement" card after Victoria was born! So a congratulations card will follow but I wanted to let you know that we have been praying for all of you and glad you are feeling better Kris, and that Victoria is progressing well. We missed you at the holiday get-together...I can't wait to see that little girl, but guess I will have to. I know you'll keep posting photos, so that helps.

Wish we were closer to help out, but if there is anything at all - just holler!

Love,
A. Kathy

Anonymous said...

What a cutie-she has more hair than our kids did at a year. Go figure, must come from their dad's side of the family. My heart aches for you because Victoria wasn't able to come home. That just means when she is strong enough, you are going to have to have a super homecoming, soon you will all be together, dogs included. Love and hugs to all of you-yes, you too Rod!!! Packards

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! I can not wait to hold her. Natalie