12/9/05

December 9, 2005 Victoria Makes A Grand Entrance

As you may have heard, our beautiful baby girl was born today at 4:02 AM. Kristin had been experiencing increasing contractions for the better part of the day. At about 3:30 AM, I was finally able to talk a RN into checking her. Kristin was almost fully dialated. Fifteen minutes later Kristin's water broke while she was on the toilet. Her immediate comment, "Oh, that can't be good." Seventeen minutes later Victoria made her grand entrance. As she was born she opened her beautiful eyes and looked right at me. It was a nervous time because it was unknown if Victoria would be able to breath on her own. I watched as the medical staff placed a small bag-valve mask on my little girl. After two pumps, I heard the operator say, "Oh. There she goes." Then I was able to see her little chest moving up and down. She was breathing and making little sounds. They quickly rushed her up to NICU. About an hour and a half later I was allowed to go and see my baby girl. They warned me of all the equipment that would be hooked up, but I expected this. What a sight. For some reason, I was not worried. I had complete confidence in the personnel and the situation. I knew that Victoria was born for a reason. Either to protect herself, or to protect mom. A few hours later Kristin was able to go up and see her creation. The moments are simply indescribable. Later in the day we learned that a test taken a few days ago showed that Kristin was infected with the Flu. Of course, she had the flu shot two days before all of the contractions began.......If it was the cause, no one expected it. However, all is well with both mom and baby. She is breathing on her own and everyone speaks highly of her. Victoria weighs a grand 3 pounds 5 ounces and she is 16 and 1/2 inches in length. Well there is simply too much to say, so I will leave you with two photographs. The first face to face meeting between mother and daughter and the proud parents. More to come. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job guys!
Thanx for the REALLY early photo!
Enjoy we will!
We saw B&K's pics as well.
Cutie!!
Congrats and Love to both of you (strike that) the THREE of you!!
So like when does the graphic at the top of the page turn to fireworks and cigars?!
CU

JoyFilled said...

Oh my goodness!! Wow!! Congratulations guys!! Victoria is precious!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! We are so happy and relieved that Victoria and Mom are doing well. Take care of yourselves.

Love,

Heather and Travis Lake