1/23/06

What's missing from this picture?


I know it's a little tough to tell because Victoria still has the tape on her face, but yesterday morning the doctor ordered that she be taken off the Oxygen!!! I did forget to mention they stopped her caffeine Saturday (which was to help produce the surfactant in her lungs) because she should be big enough to produce it on her own now. She still has little dips (desats), but nothing to be concerned about - she has them with or without her O2, and they only last a few seconds.

She gained 50 grams last night... up to 4-12!!! 5 lbs. is just right around the corner. What a long way we've come in the last 6 weeks.

On a side note, in case you all don't know how much I love and appreciate Rod, I'd like to make it known again. He is the most amazing and wonderful man, and I'm thankful for him every day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Victoria's progress has been amazing over the last 6 weeks and she looks wonderful. You and Rod have been through so much and it's your love for each other that has seen you through. My love to all of you and give Victoria a big snuggle from me. Mom (Busha)

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys tell each other how much you appreciate the other! Keep that communication always! Victoria, keep up the good work. Good to see you all yesterday! Love, (Mom)

Anonymous said...

She looks so sweet, and those cheeks, sure did fill out nice. I see she already has some very colorful outfits. Best looking baby in the NICU I bet! Love to all of you, take care. Colleen