1/25/06

Finally Daddy can visit!

Rod decided yesterday that he finally felt well enough to head back to the hospital without putting Victoria or any of the other babies at risk of getting sick. I'm sure the visit with Victoria was much overdue for him.

I had a follow-up visit with Dr. Patel this morning - he's the surgeon who took out my appendix and did the repair work on my colon during the surgery. He said everything looks great. The only thing I need to be cautious of is getting a hernia in that spot, as the muscles are always going to be weaker there. Other than that, he's through with me!

Victoria gained 15 grams last night... one step closer - 4-15 now. She is now taking about half of her feedings by mouth - seems like every other one (she gets fed every 3 hours). If she's awake enough, she does great. It just tires her out for a few hours.

Check out the chubby cheeks and double chin!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear that Rod was able to go see Victoria. She sure looks content in this current photo. On the hernia issue, there is a weakness for that in the family already. Hopefully you won't have to ever deal with it. Keep eating and growing Victoria.Love and hugs all around, Mom(Busha)

Anonymous said...

She sure is filling out nicely. She looks great. Hopefully that open mouth won't be an inherited trait from her Great Grandma Mary. Hope you all 3 are feeling better and stronger. Faith will be here tomorrow afternoon so I will be in heaven for the weekend! Love, Mom (Penny)

Anonymous said...

Looks like she pulled an all-nighter and needs a strong cup of coffee or breast milk!!! Keep eating and getting stronger pumpkin. You are all in our thoughts and prayers. Packards

Anonymous said...

P.S. I talked to a couple of NICU nurses tonight in class. Sounds like Victoria is doing just fine and they send home babies without being 5#, it all depends on the baby. How they are eating, breathing, etc. No names were mentioned, I was just curious since I don't deal with babies in my practice. To me, it sounds like Victoria is moving along just fine and once her docs clear her, she will be home bound. But only when she is stable, and that's what we all want--home, but only when she's ready and able. Rod and Kristin-I know that won't be long, just be patient as you have been. Soon, your precious bundle will be home. C