1/20/06

Thanks

I want to take the time to thank everyone who has sent cards, gifts, called, or just wished us well in their own way. I truly believe all the positive energy from friends and family are helping both Victoria and me get stronger and stronger every day, and they help Rod stay strong for us.

I had an absolutely wonderful visit with the Morley gang yesterday - I miss you guys! Thanks to all of you for your concern and support. It really means a lot to me.

Now on to the Victoria update...
She gained 70 grams yesterday, so she's now 4-9. I got to nurse her twice yesterday, at 11am, and at 8pm, and we did pretty well. Surprisingly, after nursing, we try to give her a bottle with an estimated amount of what she'd still need, and she wants nothing to do with the bottle! I think mostly this is just a result of her being so tired out from trying to nurse. We'll get the hang of it soon!

Dr. Chai reiterated yesterday that really the only thing we have to focus on is getting Victoria to take all her feedings by mouth. Once that is happening on a regular basis, we're pretty close to going into a crib!

As much as we want to throw a big party to celebrate her homecoming (whenever that may be), we've been advised not to have anybody over until at least summer. It's a long time to wait to celebrate, but well worth it if we can keep Victoria growing strong and healthy!

She's changed so much in 6 weeks! Here's a reminder photo from a few days after she was born.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We miss you here at Morley too!! It was such a pleasure to see you yesterday and we all think you look great! I continue to pray for you and baby Victoria. I feel like it can only continue to improve from here!

Julie

Anonymous said...

She is filling out so well now it's hard to believe she was so small before. She really does have the nursing idea down, it's just that she needs to build her stamina to get more in at each feeding, but as with everything else, that will come soon. Love to all of you. Mom(Busha)

Anonymous said...

Mac wants to know if that means we can't see you until the pool is open or what?
You know that you guys can call us any time you need anything. I haven't called because I never know if you are sleeping or what. I/we are not avoiding you, we know you guys need your rest and with Rod's work schedule-we just never know. Please know that you are all in our prayers, you have all come along way, and yes-the light is at the end of the tunnel and all you'll see is sunshine and joy with little Victoria. Love to all-Colleen P.S. When Mac pulled up todays pic, she came running to me and had this terrible concerned look about how little baby Victoria's legs are. She had it blown up when I saw it, so of course I panicked because I saw IVs but then I saw the umbilical cord-whew just a flash back! Take care.

Anonymous said...

The "old" photo is a good indication of just how far Victoria, with the care of both of you, has come. Good job!!