1/9/06

Kristin's turn to take over (again!)

Well, I'm back on blog duty, hopefully for good. I had a follow up appointment with Dr. Jones today to make sure my incision looked okay. She said everything looks great, and I'm progressing as she had expected. Good news there!

My mom and dad (Jaj and busha) came up to visit Victoria and to have dinner with Rod and me at the house today. It was nice to have a long visit outside a hospital room!

Victoria looked good today, with no major changes to report. It sounds like they might try to wean her off the oxygen within the next day or so, but we'll see how it goes. She did lose 70 grams today, so she's back down to 3-14, but that's okay. Nothing to worry about. Dr. Chai ordered that they start adding a calorie additive to the breast milk she's getting, and that should help her start packing on the pounds soon!

Here's a pic of Victoria, just chillin', suckin' on the pacifier. She's so dang cute!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is cute-with the hand tucked behind her head, this is the life!! Take care, continue to feel better, give that little girl a hug and a kiss from all of us. Packards

JoyFilled said...

She looks wonderful, Kristin!! You're already such a strong, amazing mother!

Anonymous said...

She really is too cute, you're right. We enjoyed our visit with Victoria today. I hoped to read that new book to her today but she only wanted to sleep so we left the book for anyone to read while there. Kristin you look great, you really are on the mend! I hope Rod can catch up on his sleep soon. Our love to all 3 of you. Busha and Jaj

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a good follow up visit with Dr. Jones. She sure is great. I know things will keep getting better for all 3 of you. Victoria looks like she has more hair in that picture. Love, Mom (Penny)

Anonymous said...

Kris and Rod,
Your baby is sweet even if she didn't want to play today. Kristin, you are doing great!! I am so proud of your progress. Rod, thanks for the "Kitchen Cabinet" discussion. I have thought about it (actually lost a tiny bit of sleep), and have more to ask regarding law and justice. Looking forward to my R-A-L.
Jaj