1/27/06

Are we there yet???

It's so tough not to get impatient in wanting Victoria home with us. We're both just so sick of the hospital, and of only being able to see Victoria a few hours a day. I know, I know. If I had gone full term, she wouldn't even be here yet. But she has been here - 7 weeks now. We're ready for her to come home with us.

I was at the hospital for Victoria's 11am, 2pm and 5 pm feedings yesterday (and pretty much the entire time in between). Rod joined me for her 5pm feeding. She wasn't really awake for her 11am feeding, but the other two went really well.

Weight update: Victoria did lose a little bit yesterday, 35 grams, but we're still above the 5 lb. mark.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 7-wk birthday Victoria! I admire you both (Kris & Rod) for your strength and perseverance throughout this whole ordeal. The two of you truly are amazing. You have every right to get impatient and want her to come home. Just remember that the docs want her as strong and healthy as possible before releasing her to minimize problems. She [b]will[/b] be home soon enough. ((hugs)) Love, Manna

Anonymous said...

It is difficult to become completely bonded and feel like a whole family when you aren't all together at home yet. But I know you and Rod are encouraged by her growing and improving each day. Hang in there. Love and hugs, Mom (Busha)