9/8/06

How I Remember

Being that it is Kristin's birthday is on Saturday, I am reminded of the events that have changed our lives so recently. Obviously the biggest impact on our lives came on December 9th when Kristin gave me the gift of a beautiful daughter. It is supposed to be the happiest day of your life, but for us it was bittersweet. Looking back, we couldn't have asked for much more given the circumstances. We rolled with the punches and kept our spirits up with help from family and friends. On December 27th my world was flipped upside down and I nearly lost my anchor. "WTF" is right!

Today, we are living and growing together as a family. Everyday that we are together, I am grateful. Every week she is able to raise my daughter, I am confident. Every month my life becomes enriched. Every birthday, I will remember.

On Saturday, Kristin will turn 28 years old. I am a lucky man. Kristin is a picture-perfect wife and mother. Happy Birthday Beautiful!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, you are so beautiful, and always a couple days older then me!!!
All my love
Natalie

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kristin. I remember well your "birth" day and how happy we were. It's another time to thank you for the love and the memories you've given us. Love and hugs, Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kristin!! Hope all is well. All your Morley friends say hello! Yes - we are still checking the blog daily! :o)

Anonymous said...

Kristin - the "baby" is going to be 28 years old??? Oh my goodness .. Very Happy Birthday wishes to you always - wish I had your mailing address .. Miss you,
Cindy P

Anonymous said...

OMG! Rod that was the most beautiful thing I hav ever heard (or read). Have a great birthday Kristin, you are a very loved lady!!!

AMY

Anonymous said...

:-)

Thank you, Rod.

Jay said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Much Love,

Ken, Janet and Ariel

Sami said...

Happy Birthday Kristin!

Enjoy your new dishwasher and go hug your husband and daughter. I think he's definitely a keeper... while I wouldn't have agreed with the dishwasher choice as a birthday gift a few years ago - now I'd think of it as a fabulous gift - but I already have one so my husband is out of luck on that one. Enjoy your day and may this next year be much smoother than the last one.

Plant Girl said...

Happy Birthday friend!

Coming from someone older and wiser (hehehe), it sounds like today will be a celebration of life. Yours, Victoria's and the life you have as a family with Rod.

I think that B&W will always be one of my favorite pics of you and Miss V.

Have a great day! ((hugs))