9/25/06

Where Have The Dog Days Gone?

With summer fading into fall the first round of sickness is hitting our household. First Victoria, now me (Rod) and I'm sure Kristin is soon to follow. Unlike just a few months ago, the common cold is not very scary for this family anymore. For that, I am thankful.

On Saturday night, Jeff was able to ride with me at work. We had about a dozen calls of various seriousness and Uncle Jeff was able to get a sneak peek on my child rearing philosophy. We were sent to a "family trouble" at a house I have been to several times recently for the same problem. The 15 year old granddaughter was intoxicated and not going along with the program. At first I wondered how a young lady could get like this...then I asked about mom and dad. "Ed is in rehab, and I have no idea where Shannon lives." This was the 15 year old talking about her mother and father. It seems that the temporary fix for her attitude was a set of handcuffs, an MIP violation, and a stern lecture from myself and Officer Atkins. I'm sure it lasted a whole 15 minutes after we left the residence....a place we now refer to as "Bizzarro World". Thanks Jeff for keeping me awake...and sorry we couldn't get into something more fun. Maybe next time it won't rain all night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let us all hope and pray that the three of you have a happier and HEALTHier fall. I love fall, but I hate to see it come. I just don't want any of that white stuff to come too soon. Ollie seems to be very protective of Miss V. Wait until she tries the dog food!