11/29/05

Finally Connected/Update

We got our wireless router today, so I'm back in business and no longer feel cut off from the cyber-world!

Well, medication for me seems to be a trial and error issue to see what works to keep the contractions at bay. When we were at the hospital yesterday, Dr. Spence changed my Procardia from 30mg every 12 hours to 20mg every 4-6 hours. She instructed me to begin taking it every 6 hours, but gave me some leeway that if I needed to, I could reduce it to every 5 hours, then 4 if necessary. Though I know it's probably not the case, it seems as though the more frequently I take the medication, the quicker the contractions start.

So far, I made it almost 24 hours taking it every 6 hours before I shortened it to every 5 hours because of the discomfort and contractions. I'm drinking tons of water (five 32oz bottles of water a day - that's more than a gallon!), so I know dehydration is far from the problem.

Overall, I feel okay, pretty similar to how I did when we came home from the hospital last time. Sort of like I worked out my abs and back really hard - lots of sore and tired muscles. My biggest difficulty seems to be finding a comfortable position to sit in, and a comfortable position to sleep in.

Thanks to everyone
Rod for being such an amazing husband/father/support.
Mom and dad for everything - coming to the hospital, helping with the shower, making and bringing Thanksgiving dinner to us, making ready-to-serve meals for us, and I'm sure there's much more I can't think of right now.
Jeff and Marie for helping out with the shower, visiting me at the hospital, taking the time to come up to share Thanksgiving with us, the Netflix subscription :)
Jody for being such a great friend, for putting on an excellent shower, for visiting me at the hospital, for doing a little shopping for me ;)
Manna for being such a great friend, for sending me flowers, for calling me every day to check on me, for keeping my chat group updated on my situation, and just being a great support.
Bonnie for making some yummy food and sending it up with mom.
Bev for offering up one of her laptops for me to use.
I'm sure there are many more people I'm forgetting about, but want everyone to know I'm so thankful for all the well-wishes and prayers.

I'm trying hard to do everything I can to keep my body under control and keep little Victoria cooking for a lot longer! We've got a follow up appointment tomorrow afternoon with Dr. Fettinger for another cervical ultrasound - keep your fingers crossed that everything looks good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey-if you don't respond, then I'm going to give up on these blogger things. I hope you know that you all are in our thoughts and prayers. Stay strong, hang in there and let me know if I can get you anything. Food, clothes, paper, etc. Colleen

Kristin, Rod, and Victoria said...

The reason Kristin has not been responding is because she has only had one day of being able to use the computer in the past month. Please understand that she probably will not be able to respond for some time...I usually read her the commments. We do thank everyone for their kind thoughts, and we will let you know if we need anything. Thanks!