11/9/05

Crummy Yucky

Okay, I guess the not so pleasant pregnancy symptoms are starting to kick in.

I've had a sore back since last week. I thought maybe it was just too much sleeping in strange beds, between being up in Mio, and home, then in Lexington, and back home. Now that I've slept a few nights in a row in my bed, it hasn't gotten any better. I'm just a little stumped! I know how to deal with neck/upper back pain. I know how to deal with lower back pain. Those are both things I've had in the past, pre-pregnancy. It just seems that no amount of stretching, no number of pillows at night, no amount of direct heat (via the heated seat in the car) is helping the situation. Not much fun.

I had my first hot flash this morning, too. I had my bi-monthly orthodontist appointment to get my braces tightened today. At one point, I had to have her sit me up and let me go get a drink of water. That was the first time I've felt so nauseous this entire pregnancy - not a fun feeling! I got all hot and started to kind of panic. I guess all that excess blood was going right to my head! At least that went away, though...

2 comments:

JoyFilled said...

I agree with you that there seems to be nothing that helps the aches and pains. Mine are mostly in my hips, but gosh, even just functioning day-to-day is a task!! But only less than 15 weeks left!! :D

I can't imagine having braces and going through this all at once. Yikes...you're tough! I had braces for 4-5 years in HS and they were a killer...I've thought about wearing my retainer again lately, but then I convince myself that I'm going through enough already. LOL

snarflemarfle said...

I get hip pain when I lay on one side too long in bed. But as Bryn said, only 15 weeks left (and I noticed on my ticker that we're almost into double-digit days left!! Yikes!).

Just think about that precious little one you'll be holding in just a few months...that's what I tell myself when my heartburn cripples me!