11/13/05

4 hour trip to LDR

Well, after much complaining (done by me, of course) about abdominal and lower back pain, Rod strongly suggested I make some phone calls. I called the on-call midwife, who suggested I take a little trip to the hospital to get checked out. I've been a little emotional about the fact that I've felt relatively great this entire pregnancy, but the past few days have felt so achy and crampy every time I stand up.

Long story short, they put me on a monitor, checked all they could to rule out pre-term labor or any indication of it. They did a quick test to see if maybe a bladder infection was causing a problem, which came back negative.

The on-call doctor came in and did an ultrasound to make sure everything looked okay, and it does. Although she couldn't confirm that Victoria is really a girl (she's so shy!!). The doc did say I might just be one of those women who feels this way the rest of the pregnancy.

The one last thing they're going to try is to put me on antibiotics for a week. MaryJo (the midwife) said it might be the Group B Strep acting up, which apparently can have similar symptoms to a bladder infection.

We'll keep you updated!

No comments: