10/23/05

Weekend in Chicago

Work was... well, it was work.

But then mom came into town, and we had so much fun! I think it's a really good thing that I don't yet know what I'm having, since I probably would have wanted to buy everything in sight in every little shop we went into. We found the cutest little shop, Madison & Friends, that had everything from newborn outfits all the way up to toddler stuff. They also had the top of the line strollers (around $700 a piece!) and of course designer diaper bags. They had the most adorable little girl clothing, too!

We did tons of walking, but mom was (of course) very conscious about slowing down and making sure I was drinking enough water.

And the food!!! Yum-O!

From dinner at the Culinary School (quite an experience!) to lunch at the Tavern on Rush, we had some great food. Not too many fruits and veggies, but hey - you only get to splurge like that every so often!

One small downside to the trip was the stay the last night at the Quality Inn at O'Hare. But I'm putting that part of the trip out of my mind, other than to file it under "Places not to go in the future".

Thanks, mom, for such a wonderful mother/daughter weekend. I love you and can only hope to have a similar relationship with my little one. You're the best!

No comments: