10/7/05

This can't be right!!!

Okay. When I found out I was pregnant, one of the first things I did was buy a scale. I promised myself that I wouldn't obsess over what it said, I just wanted to keep a handle on how much weight I was gaining. It's not like I can judge that by how clothes fit!

Anyway, I try to weigh myself every Monday, the same day as I take my belly picture. Just on a whim, I jumped on the scale this morning and to my horror, I've gained 7 lbs. this week! SEVEN POUNDS!!!! That's more than I've gained this entire pregnancy!!! What's worse is that my belly hasn't even seemed to grow at all this week, so I don't think the baby went through a big growth spurt! Maybe it was all that bragging I did about not gaining much yet... payback.

I think I'm gonna weigh in again tomorrow just to see. Maybe it was a fluke. Too much dinner at Famous Dave's last night, or something!

1 comment:

snarflemarfle said...

I only check my weight at the OB's office. I'm hoping that the great pound gainage doesn't happen this time...but I know it's coming since at my last appointment I had only gained a total of .5 pounds!