5/9/07

Splashin' in puddles and Vocab update

I wish I had some pics... I took lots of video today of Victoria's first puddle-jumping experience, and she had a blast. Two outfits, a soaked pair of sneakers, and a few soaked diapers later, she's one exhausted girl.

On a separate note, someone asked how many words Victoria can say these days, and as I was writing out the list, I amazed myself (actually it was a thread on the mommy board I frequent - all babies are the same adjusted age as Victoria). She by far has the most vast vocab of the group. So here's the list, at least what I could remember for the moment:

Our list is getting longer every day:
No
mama
dada
hi
hello
buh-bye
Olly (our dog)
doggie
kitty
chicken (tho it sounds like turkey!)
duck
truck
cracker
cookie
milk
please
peas
cheese
yup
thank you
all done
drink
juice
fruit
more
baby
jaja (polish for grandpa)
papa
elmo
maisy
fishies
bath
nap
outside
diaper
powder
stinky
shoes
socks
pants
ball
jacket
clock
choo-choo
car-car
eye (can identify nose and ears, but calls them eyes, too)
teeth
puffs
yogurt
bunny
hop-hop
book (sounds like gook)

She can tell you a cow says "moo", a kitty says "ow", dog says "uf", duck says "kak, kak", and makes a fishy-face for fish, blows out for elephant (or rhino, cuz she thinks it's an elephant), chimp says "ee, ee, ee", bear (and lion) roar.

Not too many signs: please, eat, milk, more, all done, water

That might be it...

I should note, though, that a few of these words would be unintelligible to anyone but Rod and me. But we generally know exactly what she's saying - it's great that we're finally able to communicate on a semi-regular basis.

4 comments:

Plant Girl said...

Wow...for being a preemie, that's fantastic! Go, Miss V, go!

Anonymous said...

We learned a lot of her words this past weekend and understood most of what she was saying. Love the sign language! She is really such a good baby! She's almost always smiling!! Kiss her for us! Love, Mom (Penny) Oh by the way Kristin I really love the chain! Thank You!

Anonymous said...

Great to read her progress. It makes us smile and gives us lots to look forward to.
Just curious... are these included? "hot", "yucky", "ouch"? Thought I remembered that she had words for the woodstove and stuff that she shouldn't eat or touch.

- U. Jeff

JoyFilled said...

I've been meaning to reply to this for a long time!! Go Victoria! That's awesome she's got such a great vocabulary! Ivey talks my ears off, but only has a handful of understandable words. I think she's created her own language. LOL