12/22/08

Sick Days

Well, it would seem that our household was not missed this year for the flu bug. Victoria got sick briefly a few nights ago, and Rod and I thought we were in the clear.

Not.

Thankfully it does truly seem to be a 24-hour bug. It hit me yesterday and laid me out where (as Natalie put it) my body felt simultaneously like I was having back labor with all the lower back pain, and like the worst hangover imaginable. No energy, no ability to really even move. Even my fingernails hurt! I'm over it today, but it hit Rod last night. Of course he had to take a sick day, and of course he was just 3 days short of earning an extra day off for NOT having taken any sick days.

Today we rebuild stamina, regain energy, and prepare for what's sure to be a hectic week. Let's make it a healthy one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all are on the mend. I too was hit hard yesterday and today feel completely refreshed, thank goodness. Don't do so much this week. We'll all enjoy our get together whether everything is finished or not. Right? Love and hugs, Busha