12/23/08

Meet Tally and Toto

An entertaining child is not conducive to a proper baking environment. I burned a few batches of cookies today (yes, I'm baking MORE cookies!) because of the entertainment provided by Victoria.

I got an email last week from one of the child development sites that said not to be surprised if my 3-year-old starts having imaginary friends. As we were baking cookies tonight, I was thinking about that email, and thinking that I didn't think Victoria was quite to that point with her imagination. And about 20 minutes later, she proved me wrong!

Rod and I were introduced to Tally and Toto. Tally is V's right hand and Toto is her left hand. They and I had quite the conversation - they're both 3, just like Victoria, and they were both sick when they were little babies. Upon more questioning from Rod, we found out that Tally is a girl cow and Toto is a boy pig!

Hence the reason my 7-minute baking time cookies kept getting forgotten about!

On another interesting note, Victoria told me tonight that when she was a little baby and was sick, she flew high in the sky like a butterfly, and had a friend also named Victoria!

2 comments:

Jim & Penny Irelan said...

Those little minds!! Makes you wonder why we all can't be like that! I hope her friends are around when we visit but probably not with all the excitement! HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE! Love, Grandma Penny :)

snarflemarfle said...

How cute! I can't wait for Xander to get imaginary friends. My sister and I did...Shockapocka and Pooley.