3/4/07

Still busy...

And working on getting un-sick. Victoria isn't 100% better yet (neither am I, for that matter - yes, I did manage to get sick the day after she did) but is headed in that direction. I think we both lost a little bit of weight this past week - I had a few more pounds to spare, though. She'll get back to normal soon.

Our routine, however, is far from boring, or normal these days. Rod and I had to go to a conference this weekend in Grand Rapids, so Victoria spent the weekend with Grandma Penny and Papa Jim. Unfortunately, Grandma Penny got sick either from V or from Steven :( .

So now are we home for a while with nothing going on? No - of course not! We just got plans finalized for a short trip to West Virginia to see Rod's Grandpa Jack and Uncle Johnny and his family, then we get to go to Florida for a few days! I'm not quite sure how I feel about flying with a one year old... should be interesting. The flight does have a layover though, so hopefully that will break it up enough that Victoria doesn't drive everyone on the flight(s) insane. Just one more first to add to the list!

3 comments:

Plant Girl said...

Florida!! I'm jealous! ;) Hopefully Victoria will do just fine on the flights. Make sure to bring some toys (perhaps even a couple of new ones) to keep her entertained on the flight and lots of snacks. I think the layover is good. I know that it was good for KT to get off the plane and move around for a while on our trip. If you've got any questions, let me know.

Glad to hear that you're both on the mend! No sickness in sight here, thankfully.

Anonymous said...

We had a great time with Victoria this weekend except for the flu part. I'm still not feeling 100% and my friend Wendy who came over to help me out a bit now has it and I woke up this morning at 4:30am and Jim was on the couch complaining of having it now too! I hope I don't get it again! This flu is rampant! But we really did enjoy spending the time with Victoria and getting to know her better. See ya this weekend in West By God Virginia! P.S. Rod do you know the way there? Love, Mom (Penny)

Anonymous said...

Interesting to see how Victoria handles the liftoff and descent on the plane. She is so used to tossing up in the air that I predict she'll either be neutral or absolutely love it. Future fighter pilot maybe?