3/3/06

Victoria: Pavlov's new "dog"

My dearest Victoria:
I swear, if he could, Pavlov could have used you as his test study!

When you get a bottle, I warm a glass of water up in the microwave, then set the bottle in it to warm up.

Already I think you've learned the sound of the microwave, and assume that it's always in use for you. No matter what stage of sleep/wakefulness you're in, and no matter what is actually in the microwave, you wake up as if it's for you!

I have conceded to the fact that I will eat most of my meals around your schedule, most of the time after they've cooled off considerably and you're done eating. However, that might on occasion mean I need to heat them up in the microwave eventually - and it's for me, not you!!!

Whether this is the case, or just a strange coincidence, doesn't really matter too much. What matters is that I have the ability to love you unconditionally and provide for you the best way I know how. And will continue to prove that to you every day.

I love you, baby girl. And I can't wait until one day when we can read this together, as you learn about what an amazing journey this has been/is/will be!
Yours Truly,
Mommy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristin, what a beautiful letter to your daughter, it made me cry (happy tears). She will enjoy reading this blog about your journey together. Thank you again for sharing Victoria and your life with her. I look forward to your and her everyday "adventures". Love and hugs to all of you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Beautiful letter. You have a lifetime of memories to share together-enjoy. As your mom wrote, thank you for sharing and allowing us to follow in your journey. Much love-Colleen

Anonymous said...

Dear Kristin and Rod,

Wow! Your body art is beautiful. How long did it take?

Kristin, I really loved the poem about the carrot, egg, and coffee. It really makes one think.

I've so enjoyed your Blog.Victoria is so beautiful and I laugh outloud every time I see her smile. She is growing by leaps and bounds.

Take care and our love to you all.