3/22/06

Sick

Well, I guess the inevitable happened. I had been thinking I'd been doing so well not getting sick. Of course, it's not like I really go anywhere to get sick... But it happened. Apparently strep throat is running rampant around here. We're assuming Rod probably picked it up from one of the many sickies running around at the Station. But he feels bad, and I feel worse. I got put on antibiotics today, hopefully in time to keep whatever it is to a minimum and keep Victoria from getting sick. One positive is that the nurse at the pediatrician's office said because of the antibodies in her system, it's highly unlikely that Victoria will contract the illness. Though we know where we stand in terms of odds... Lots of soup for us!

Busha (my mom) came up yesterday to join Victoria and me in our first mall outing - we had so much fun!!! Of course, we came home with a few new outfits. We can't wait to try them all on!

Happy baby pics for today:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We sure did have a good visit and fun shopping too! So nice that you and Victoria have the time to go "shopping". Take care of yourselves, eat lots of soup, drink lots of water and tea and let me know if you want me to make you a big pot of soup. I'm praying that Victoria stays healthy and you and Rod get healthy real quick.Love and hugs, Mom

Anonymous said...

Kristen, Rod, and Victoria: Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy this website and the "happy baby pictures!" They never fail to bring a smile to my face! She is absolutely adorable! What an awesome smile!

Anonymous said...

oops, that messge is from Jayne

Anonymous said...

Baby Rod-all the way. What a happy baby, I'm sad that I still haven't seen her in person, are you allowing people to come over yet?

Anonymous said...

She does look like her daddy, even more that she is filling out plumper. Hopefully she will look as beautiful as Kristin is when she is a young lady. I sure do miss seeing her and holding her! Can't come down this weekend, have to get our rental spiffed up for the new deputy. But we will see you soon! Hugs and kiss to Victoria and I could come and get her so she doesn't get your germs. We are both healthy here! Ha Ha! Love, Mom (Penny)

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Thanks for sharing. It's awesome to see how healthy and happy she is.

- Jeff