3/31/06

Rod's Report

Thought I would take a chance to say hello to everyone. As you know, home life is going very well. We are all settled in and it appears that Victoria is going to be as healthy as any other newborn. I had last night off of work, so it was my turn for overnight feeding duties. Much to my surprise, Victoria was in bed around 9 PM and slept until 5:30 AM. She woke up once, but the pacifier put her right back to sleep. At 5:30 AM, she drank 4 oz. of milk in about 4 minutes flat. She was a bit hungry to say the least. Everything is going well.

In a couple of weeks we will be driving down to West Virginia with Grandma Penny to visit Victoria's Great Grandfather. Unfortunately the last time we were there was Christmas of 99'. That was Great Grandmother Mary's last Christmas. We chose the name of Victoria MARY for both of our grandmothers that have passed away. I hope Victoria inherited Mary Feamster's poker skills and southern drawl. I will always remember Easter in Alderson, WV. Hopefully Victoria will have many trips there as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear from you again Rod. Grandmothers and great-grandmas, grandpas, and great-grandfathers hold many fond memories for me. I often hope that the kids will gain the same. Memories are what we hold near and dear to our hearts. Enjoy your special moments with your daughter, I'm sure you are. Love, hugs, kisses, and may God continue to bless the three of you with many wonderful moments.

Anonymous said...

One of the greatest things parents can give their children is a sense of who their greatgrandparents were, things they loved and adventures they had. Keep that tradition alive and your baby will have a great perspective on who she is.

Anonymous said...

Rod, I think you should have been a writer. I always enjoy hearing what you have to say. You just have a way with words. Kristin you are doing a GREAT job too. Thank You! Anyway Rod's report made me cry of course, and Easter will always bring memories of West Virginia and Spring Break with all the kids! We had some fun times down there! Hope this one is good too! Grandpa is getting stronger and isn't using the walker hardly anymore and is even getting out some. He even stayed alone while Anita went to work yesterday and today too. He did forget to eat lunch yesterday though. They are looking forward to our visit. I have really been holding myself back from coming down to visit since we will be seeing you next weekend for the wild game dinner. Miss you all! Love, Mom (Penny)