2/5/06

Who Needs Sleep?

Hello all! This is Rod checking in again. It has been an interesting few days with Victoria being home. I realize exactly how little I know about what I am doing. The good news is, Kristin appears to be much better at this parenting thing. Neither of us has gotten much sleep, and mostly in 2 to 3 hour blocks. We discovered that Victoria absolutely does not like the vitamins we have to give her. She has spit them up each and every time. Other than that, we are just learning as we go. Overall, it has been a wonderful experience so far....Hopefully when she is a teenager I will still be saying that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Victoria is beautiful. We are so happy for you. These days will have a way of forming you as parents, days you wouldn't trade in a million years (well, okay, you will want to trade some of them, but, thankfully, those days will pass.

Anonymous said...

I know it doesn't seem like it now but those sleepless nights will be gone soon. Victoria sure looks so beautiful and comfortably sleeping in this photo. Hang in there. The trick is to learn to take those naps when she does.Love and hugs, Mom(Busha)

Anonymous said...

Finally I am back on line. They replaced both of our phone lines now and that should keep us in business. She sure looks peaceful in that picture and she sure looks like her cousin Faith. She does look like Kristin (well Bruce) in some of the other pics though. If she spits up the vitamins then make sure you ask the doc if she can have something different. Maybe she is allergic to them??? I think you are gonna both be GREAT parents from what I have already witnessed in the hospital. It does get easier once you all have a routine down. Don't be afraid to ask anything you're not sure of! We are all snowed in again up here. Lots of schools closed with blowing and drifting snow. Yippee! Call me if you need me to babysit! Ha! Ha! Love, Mom (Penny)

Anonymous said...

After two kids, I still don't have the "nap trick" down yet. I think its more of a tuning down your radar when needed trick. Rico's officially 5 months and I now turn the monitor down slightly in order to miss the first few screams! haha
Just hang in there.....its tough but worth it all in the end!