2/3/06

We'll grow into it!


As you can see, the carseat is a little big, but hopefully not for long!

Not even home for 24 hours and we had to make our first outing. We had an appointment with Dr. Shanker, Victoria's pediatrician, this morning. Everything went well... nothing that we hadn't gone over with the doctors and nurses in the NICU! Next week we get more shots.

I can't begin to express how great it feels to be home as a complete family, with Victoria in our arms. I love that the farthest I have to go to see her, touch her, hear her is just the other room.

Our first night was (happily) uneventful, though neither Rod nor I got much sleep. My ears were so tuned to every little peep Victoria made, and tuned in even more when I didn't hear any peeps!

Updates may slow a little, now that we don't have a ton to report every day, but by no means will they stop! We intend to keep this site up and going to keep everyone informed on how we're doing.

Now it's time to flush that old hospital routine down the toilet and create our own new routine as a family. I can't wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you guys. I have to admit I was shopping today looking for a bikini. (oh,don't panic-I was looking for Victoria, not me-Puke, this body has and will never see a bikini!!!!) Then I wanted to stop and just peek in through the window just to see her. I wouldn't do that, don't worry. How are your other "children" handling the little bundle? Stay well, hug and kiss each other for us. The kids love looking at Victoria's pictures, so keep sending them. Packard

Anonymous said...

It won't be long before the three of you settle into a routine that works for you. Dad and I wondered how you would do last night, we still remember how often we looked in on you and Jeff both when you were newborns. Victoria looks so good. Love and hugs, Mom (Busha)