10/14/08

Stuff

Victoria loves, loves, loves school. She woke up Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday asking if she was going to school each day. This morning was school, and about 1:30 after we were home and had finished lunch, she asked if I was ready to take her back to school!

She's working on concepts now:
Anything in the past is "yesterday" (She keeps telling me, "Yesterday we went on Jaj and Busha's boat!" when it's been a month or so) and anything in the future is "tomorrow".
"Beside" and "Next to" are tough ones for her right now (She keeps saying "I'm going to set my drink right here behind my plate!" when she means beside/next to)
Singular and plural are making their way into her vocabulary as well. There's a book we got that starts out "Aardvark Admiring, Beavers Ballooning," etc. When reading last night, I started by saying "Aardvarks Admiring" and went on to the next one. Victoria quickly stopped me, "No, mom! Go back, it's just one!" I tried changing some around throughout the book, only to be stopped every time. I guess that means she's listening!

Let's see... what else? Rod has been instrumental in teaching Victoria her address and phone number. She knows them when you ask her, it's just a matter of getting her to say it without giggling or whispering or blurting it out so fast you can't understand what she's saying!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's so cute! That's great that she's loving school so much!

Willo said...

I cannot believe how similar the concepts are that she and Tucker are now grasping. Let me know if you ever want to do a video chat with them. I know Tucker would get a kick out of it!