10/10/08

School officially!

Well, Victoria is officially in pre-school. We visited a few, spoke to a few, most of which required she be 3 by the school cutoff (Sept 15th). We found one and visited on Tuesday. The teacher said I could bring V for a couple days, she would observe how Victoria interacted with the rest of the class and we'd reconvene next week to decide if she's ready. Well, when I picked Victoria up yesterday, Miss Michelle said we don't need to wait until next week - she's definitely ready!

So school begins - Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8-10:45am. I don't feel like I'm rushing her too much. Her mind likes a challenge, she already knows the alphabet and can recognize all the letters if you ask her, can count to 14 (kind of to 20), and talks in PARAGRAPHS! I decided it's time that she got other-kid interaction. And why take her to daycare if she can go to school and learn?

So far, Victoria loves it, and wants to go back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She enjoyed telling Jaj and Busha all about school and with great enthusiasm. I'd agree, she's ready and loves it. Love and hugs, Busha