9/27/08

Terrific (and terrible) Toddler-dom


Happy Fall from the pumpkin queen!And from the Hay-bale princess ;-)

V is such a toddler these days, her mind expanding at a rapid pace (I think the fresh fish for dinner helped!)

We were laying in her bed tonight after reading a story, snuggling before I told her goodnight and left the room. She asked if I wanted to hear her song, and then began singing, "You and me are friends to-ever and ever" A tune I've never heard, words that aren't a part of any song I can think of! Then she said, "Did you like my song? It was special, just for you!"

So many things lately are just so great about having a toddler. I love that she knows Jaja and Busha's vehicle, and gets so so so excited to see them pull in the driveway, then runs out the door to greet them. I loved watching her little legs carry her as fast as they could go all the way to their just-opening car doors.

Of course there are the drawbacks to having a child with such a rapidly-developing mind around (she's getting quite opinionated and vocal about what she likes/doesn't like to do, eat, play with, etc.!) But the benefits of watching her grow far outweigh the trying times.

I do love my *job* and am ever so grateful every day that I get to spend so much time with my beautiful daughter.

We finally got our web-cam up and running, so now we can chat with Jeff& Marie and the girls, and anyone else who has a webcam!

5 comments:

Plant Girl said...

We'll have to set up a time to get together on the web cams! We do ours through AOL, but could probably figure out a way to get ahold of you.

Anonymous said...

We sure enjoyed our day yesterday visiting with V, Kristin and Rod.I can't even express what those sweet little hugs from V do for me! It's so funny to hear the song she sang for you yesterday because as she and I were playing I thought of the song we used to sing Kristin, "you & me were going to be partners, you & me were going to be friends"....etc, from girl scout days! Love and hugs, Busha

Anonymous said...

THAT song just became #1 on my list of favorite songs! A song from the heart, indeed.
Thank you three for a great day yesterday; from the Orchard time to the football lessons.

Anonymous said...

BTW, the tune and words should be very familiar to both Mommy and Daddy. They came from your hearts from day 1 almost three years ago!

Many more songs to come, I promise.

snarflemarfle said...

She is just beautiful!

Gotta love those songs they come up with.