7/28/08

So Far, So Good!

Well, Victoria has spent two nights in her big girl bed (she was at Jaja and Busha's house this weekend so we missed a few days), but so far so good. Rod and I have talked quite a bit with V about staying in her bed all night until Mom comes and gets her in the morning and so far it's worked. Today will be the first naptime in the big girl bed, which I suspect might pose a little more of an issue for Victoria, as it usually takes her a little longer to wind down at naptime, but we'll work through it.

Victoria is loving anything that makes her feel like a big girl. She's pretty much only wearing a diaper/pull-up at nap time and at night, and on long-ish road trips, and for the most part she's continuing to stay dry. She's gotten really good at actually telling us when she needs to go potty. Our secret? M&M's (must've gotten the M&M bug from Grandma Penny!)! We tried stickers, which kind of worked for a little while, but lost their novelty quickly, and we just ended up with stickers stuck on things and in the carpet all over the house.

For those of you contemplating or struggling with potty-training, let me know if you want the specifics and we'll be glad to share. I'm just glad I found something that works!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When V was here for the weekend and with all the time she spent in the car, she still remained dry even without any rewards for telling us when she had to go potty. On several trips we had to the potty, my reward was V telling me, "I'm so proud of you Busha, you went on the potty." Love it!, Hugs from Busha

Anonymous said...

That's my girl!! I had better get some M & M's in the house for the weekend!! Mom

Jeff said...

Umm... yes. Details, please! (Since potty-training will be upon us soon!)