5/24/08

Gone again...

Well, here we are. Another weekend away from home. I guess it's officially summer when Rod's days off are packed with visits with friends and family. One of these weekends maybe we'll just hang out around our house!

When I was pregnant, I would post the "Your baby at X weeks" from the parenting site, which would talk about how far along the fetus was.

Now, I get updates like this (from BabyCenter):

By 30 months, your child can name a few body parts, some colors, and even a friend or two. Her memory and speaking ability work in tandem. Help out by expanding on what she says. If she says, "Dog sleep," you might say, "Yes, Spot is curled up and fast asleep in his doggie bed." She can't imitate your complex language patterns yet, but her brain is absorbing them. Every time you repeat her words or expand on them, you're giving her memory practice.


Wow. This morning at the playground, Victoria asked some other girls, "You wanna come play playground with me?" I think her verbal skills are quite a bit ahead of her physical skills, as she still sometimes seems a little clumsy, but she's a smart cookie!

Also sort of an odd duck, as I told her the other day, when she was "snuggling" with the dishwasher!

No new pics, as we're on the road, sorry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES, she is a "smart cookie". I just realized the other day that you were the same age as V when we were building this house and how you followed some of the contractors around talking to them non-stop. They didn't always understand what you said but that didn't keep you from talking "with" them. One even asked me if you ever stopped talking ;) Love and hugs, Busha