11/11/06

How things change

I think Mandy and I have some wierd cosmic connection. A year ago, our little nightmare/scare began with a flu shot (I think, anyway) on Nov. 8. Nov 9 I started feeling really crappy, Nov 12 marked the first of many trips to the hospital. Victoria was born on Dec 9, which should have been Mandy's due date but she lost the baby.

I've been thinking about last year's events the past few days, reflecting on all we've endured, hoping I wouldn't always have a negative connotation to this time in November. Well, Mandy's pretty much taken care of that for me. She went into the hospital last night because her water broke!!!! That baby's coming today or tomorrow. If you get a chance to send her well-wishes, please do. So now we've both been able to take a date that held some pain and add some joy to it.

And of course, I'll leave you all with a pic of a sleeping child in her pack n play.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This poor child, she doesn't have a thing to play with!! Enjoy her, love her, kiss her. Packards

Anonymous said...

Reflect a little on the pain, but rejoice in the joy of Victoria. I know the pain of losing two children--it hurts, but I cherish every day, every moment. They grow up fast, before you know it, she will be in school, making her own decisions as to what she wants and what she wants to do. Live, learn, and grown from your child--she can teach you a lot, she can also test you.

Sami said...

I am glad that now there is joy for November... and for Mandy - December has joy (I'm fairly confident of this). Victoria is a delightful little girl (I know you know this, but I wanted to say it just the same!) Hoping that the two of you are enjoying your time while Rod's away harrasing the wildlife!