6/18/09

Advanced thought process

Victoria proved again two days ago that I don't give her enough credit on things. A little back-story: I hardly ever tell her where we're going until we get there - too many things can go wrong and the disappointment of the anticipated event is usually too much for her to handle if plans change. So she didn't know we were meeting up with my parents until we saw them standing in the parking lot, and I didn't tell her we were going to Jeff & Marie's at all. Just that we were going on a road trip, and it was a surprise.

So here was the conversation in the car as we were on our way there...
Me: Do you know where we're going yet?
V: Nope! What's our destination?
Me: It's a surprise! But I'll give you a hint... it's someone's house.
V: Oh! Cool!
Fast forward to a few minutes later... I was just making conversation, thinking it was a good chance to chat about geography.
Me: Did you know we're not in Michigan any more?
V: Where are we?
Me: We're in Ohio!
V: Oh! HEY!!! UNCLE JEFF AND AUNT MARIE AND KASIA AND MOIRA AND BABY ELLA LIVE IN OHIO!!! WE'RE GOING TO KASIA AND MOIRA AND BABY ELLA'S HOUSE!!!! I figured out the surprise!!!

2 comments:

Jaj said...

Yeah and sh actually uses the word "destination" and knows its meaning!!

It was a fun trip!

snarflemarfle said...

You're not the only mom who doesn't give their child enough credit! X-man frequently comes up with things that I previously thought were way over his head!