1/10/08

Thank you, boy!

Victoria and I ran into Toys R Us yesterday for some play doh, and the greatest thing happened.

As we were in the checkout line, a family got in line behind us (mom, dad and son around 8 or 9 years old). V's face lit up, as she saw the boy had a mylar balloon. Her reaction was to yell "(gasp!) A BALLOON!!!" She was just gushing about it, and admiring it, telling me what colors were on the balloon, when the boy walked up to her and handed it to her! I asked, just to make sure he wasn't just showing it to her and he said, "she can have it." It made V's day, and it made my day. It was all she talked about the entire ride home "I got a balloon!!", "Thank you, boy!", "Look! A blue balloon!" (which is a tough one for a toddler to say), and still talks about the balloon - that is if she's not toting it around behind her.

It's so gratifying to know there are still some good kids (and good parents) out there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Terrific tale from the heart. Made my day.

It says a lot about you and your daughter as well!!