10/18/07

Sickies, again

Well, now that I got better, Rod's still sick, and Victoria has a *touch* of bronchitis, as the doc put it. Victoria is on antibiotics for, I think, the first time since she was in the hospital. Hopefully we're on the upswing of it.

The first full week of being a SAHM again has gone well. We're having a blast, I have a chore chart to keep my butt in gear, and I've managed to get up and take a shower before V gets up in the morning every day!

She's mastering new verbal concepts these days, including identifying things as "yours" or "mine" instead of "Victoria's" or "mommy's". She has these Baby Einstein alphabet books (each book is it's own letter), and if we toss them all on the floor, we can tell her to pick up a specific letter and she's able to pick out the right one about 80% of the time. She also is working on identifying colors (blue, orange, green, yellow, red, pink, purple, brown, white, black).

What else, what else... Foods she loves: peas, blueberries, craisins (any flavor), apples, bananas with peanut butter on them, Gerber ravioli (won't touch any other kinds!), cheese, grapes, and her multivitamin (flinstones), multi-grain fruit cereal bars. Everything else is hit or miss. Not too much protein these days unless it comes in dairy form. I wonder when she'll be old enough that we can have the "Just try one bite" conversation... we're not there yet!

I really did miss spending so much time with her. I'm glad to be home :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From what I've heard, sounds like V is happy to have you home with her too. So glad this can work out for you right now, I know you are too! Being a Mommy is a full time job and can be difficult and so rewarding at the same time. Love and hugs from Busha.
Love the photo of V in her hat and sunglasses. Hope she's on the mend soon.

Plant Girl said...

Sounds like a good start to this new chapter in your life. I'm sure she's missed spending so much time with you as well.

Hope that she gets feeling better soon!