5/19/06

Shoulda been

Victoria,
You should have been 3 months old today. Instead, you're 5 months, 1 week, and 3 days old! What does that mean? It means your daddy and I got to meet you a little earlier than expected, and you're even more special than we ever could have imagined. Every time I stare into your big blue eyes I'm reminded of just how lucky I am. I can't wait to teach you everything I know, and to see your knowledge surpass mine and daddy's.

I can only hope that you and I will be as close as my mom and I are. Though it wasn't always like that, and I realistically expect the same with you. I know there will be times you think you hate me (somewhere around 14 or so). I wish I could tell you I'll always have the right advice, the answers to the hard questions, but I won't. What I can do is promise I'll always love you for whoever you want to be, support you in whatever you decide to do, be your biggest cheerleader.

I don't hope that you'll become rich, or famous. I only hope that you find your true calling, something that makes you really happy, and that you're able to answer that calling wholeheartedly. I hope that you'll find someone to love, support and respect you the way your daddy does me, and I him. We'll try our hardest to teach you right from wrong, to be strong-willed and be true to yourself and what you believe in.

It seems each day is a new adventure for you. With so many more milestones ahead, we've only just begun.

I love you, Miss V.
~mommy~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How beautifully said Kristin. Again, I'd like to thank you and Rod for sharing Victoria and your daily lives with us. Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Kristin and Rod,
This entry says as much about the two of you as about your daughter and her promise.

Keep up the terrific work.

I am reminded that when Victoria cries or even screams for attention how much, in the NICU I looked forward to that voice!

Jaj