3/17/10

The new digs

We're moving Victoria out of the smaller room into the one I figured she'd want eventually. It needed to be painted, and I can't be simple about anything.

Here were the pieces that started the color inspiration for the room.


After the base came measuring, measuring, measuring, chalking, and taping.

My first unsuccessful paint attempt. I didn't like the way the sponged diamonds didn't have clean lines.


Of course, I didn't decide I wanted to change until I'd started taping off for stage 2.


Change of plans, orange and yellow argyle. However after letting the yellow dry, I decided I didn't like that, either.

So, back to the paint store today to get a mandarin orange somewhere between the yellow and the dark orange I already had. Hopefully I'll be able to tape off the lines to complete the argyle pattern tomorrow, and maybe even finish it off!

3 comments:

Jim & Penny Irelan said...

Finally an update!! But since we got to see you this week it was better than a post on here!! I liked the yellow too, but this is kool too!! Hope she is feeling better now!! I have it too, but was getting it before you guys came!

Karen said...

There really is a difference when it's light out and dark and using incandecent lighting. As usual, your artist-side is shining brightly. I really like it and I'm sure V is very happy to have this "new"bright space.

snarflemarfle said...

Just thinking about painting, taping, redoing, repainting, retaping, etc. is giving me a panic attack. You are a better woman than I!! And V will absolutely love her room when you're done. Heck, I'd love her room when you're done! Can't wait to see the final final pictures!!