11/7/09

Glimpse of what's to come...

I glance at V's chair, where she should be sitting, eating dinner. The chair's empty. I holler, "V, what are you doing?" as the last time I glanced up, she was right there.

Her response? "I'm reading a book! Can I read AND eat?"

It's a struggle to get her to wear anything but a dress. Luckily, I found a ton of cute dresses at WalMart for $5 each, so they're great for everyday wear. I finally got to take the tags off this outfit I bought for her last year, by convincing her that everyone would think she was beautiful in pants OR a dress. Still, every day it's the same question, "Mom, can I please get dressed into a dress? PLEASE?"

3 comments:

Jim & Penny Irelan said...

OMG you tell her that outfit is adorable!! Of course the person wearing makes it so pretty!! Can't wait to see you guys!! Tell her she needs pants to bring to grandma and papa's house because it's COLD up North!! :)

Jessica said...

I love the outfit! She really looks good in that color...

Jaj said...

When the sweetness is there, it shines like a light in all of your photos!