2/21/09

If you love him...

Set him free. (sniff!)

Victoria let Bunny outside to play with his friends and family last night. For those of you who don't know, Bunny is the little lovey/blanket she got when she was a baby. Yet again, Rod is so much better at helping Victoria with these milestones (getting rid of bottles, eliminating pacifiers).

Yesterday evening they had a little chat about Bunny and his friends and family who live out in the woods. When they were done, Victoria went up to her room, got Bunny, brought him down, opened the sliding glass door in the kitchen and set him outside to be with his family. She cried briefly at bedtime (I let Rod handle that one, too - since I still get teary-eyed thinking about it), and she was fine. She did wake up this morning looking for him, but came downstairs, looked out the door, and I explained that he's probably in the woods playing.

So far, she's fine. It seems I'm having a tougher time with letting Bunny go than she is. My baby's not a baby anymore. (sniff!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm crying now and I miss bunny already! The pics are great, yes your daughter is sure growing up fast. Love the pics, Busha

Jim & Penny Irelan said...

Rod is that where your little monkey that you used to sleep with went?? I wondered! You can tell her we have a bunny that plays out in our yard every evening!!

Willo said...

Yeah, we are SO not there yet..with either of them. We may have our blankies until college...great.