1/12/09

Today's funny

V playing with her blocks, dumps the dump truck and all the blocks out...

Me: You dumped 'em!
V: I'm not a dum-dum. Olly's a dum-dum!
Me: Not dum-dum, dumped them!
V: Oh. But Olly is a dum-dum, right?

;-)



Also, at her well-check last month Victoria's doctor heard a heart murmur. They were pretty sure it was nothing to be concerned with, but sent us to a Peds. Cardiologist just to be sure. We had that appointment this morning and everything is a-okay. The odd thing for me was that the receptionist was someone I remembered from my trip to the ER (she used to work there) and the nurse was one who worked (and still works) in the NICU, who remembered us! Small, small world. The doctor listened, looked at some monitors and charts, and did say he heard a noticeable murmur. We went into another room for an ultrasound-style EKG (I guess, that's what they described it to me as) complete with u/s wand and warm jelly on V's chest. She was good, even though it was a little tough for her to remember to keep still, lay on her side and keep her hand up by her head while he was doing the EKG.

He said he didn't see anything that was any cause for concern and that it's what he considered benign and no follow up was needed. I wasn't too worried, I had a pretty calm feeling about the whole thing for the most part (with the exception of a brief moment of apprehension between the time that he finished the EKG and when he spoke!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new look of V's blog. Thank God to hear the good news of her check with the Peds Cardio Doc. Love and hugs, Busha

Anonymous said...

Few entries have the ability to make me smile over and over. Thanks Victoria and Olly.

Anonymous said...

Both our girls have a benign murmur too. Chloe's was caught when she was born but Faith's wasn't until a few months ago when she had a severe upper resp. infection. You probably went to the same cardiologist, right across from covenant hospital. I'm glad everthing checked out ok.
Pam

Maria said...

Glad everything is OK. Love the new look of the blog and VIctoria cracks me up! She's so funny!

Jim & Penny Irelan said...

The new blog background is nice. Rod called yesterday to let me know Victoria checked out just fine! Glad to hear that!! :) Mom

Willo said...

I love the new look! And that picture of you two is so cute! Glad to hear everything is good.