11/4/07

A Constant Progression


I notice so many little things these days that just make me smile, knowing my daughter's mind and vocabulary are progressing at an amazing rate. The other day, when we were up north, she was drawing on a dry-erase board, and when I asked what she drew, she pointed and said very matter-of-factly, "elephant!" She drew more, then pointed and said, "cat!" then "bunny" followed the next scribbles.

She's slowly getting the "you" and "me" words straight - more often she'll say "excuse me" after she burps, where before she'd burp and say, "excuse you". I'm finding that one to be tough to teach, and correct. The you/me, yours/mine concept is difficult to explain at times.

I noticed the other night at dinner when I told her, "eat your peas" she followed with "q r s t u v..." which I found quite hysterical and impressive at the same time.

Her eye teeth are finally making an appearance - the bottom left and top right have both poked through, and (knock on wood) in true Victoria teething fashion, she's sleeping a ton. As in a 4 hour nap yesterday, then 12 hours last night!

2 comments:

Plant Girl said...

It's so amazing to watch them grow and develop. Although challenging at times, this stage in their lives is so fun to be a part of.

I like the "eat your peas" response. She sounds like she's going to give you a run for your money in a few years! ;)

Anonymous said...

Who couldn't love that smile and those dimples. Looks like she's having a wonderful time. Give her a hug from Busha. Love you guys and hope we'll see you soon. Busha.