1/4/07

2 sickies and a toughie

Well, it looks like I'm getting over my strep throat (it just wouldn't be a winter around here if I didn't get it at least once) just in time to take care of a sick little one-year-old. I'm planning on taking her to the pediatrician tomorrow if they can get me in. Of course by the time I decided I should call them (4:27pm) their office is done taking phone calls for the day (supposedly till 4:30 but obviously not). We had a rough night last night, have had a rough day today. For the first time I've really had to let V cry it out to get to sleep. Last night (going to bed), the middle of the night, and today for any naps, she refuses to sleep unless held. I got her back to sleep numerous times last night only to have her wake up screaming as soon as I tried to lay her down. The only way she'd get any decent sleep was to cry herself asleep. Hard to handle for all of us. So... we shall see what tomorrow brings. Hopefully some relief for us all.

Rod, my favorite tough-man, has again avoided the sickness I seem so prone to.

5 comments:

Plant Girl said...

Poor thing(s). It's so hard when little ones are sick and want to be held continuously. K cried all while I was getting ready for my meeting today. It broke my heart to listen to her scream and watch her little face get so red. But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

((hugs))

Anonymous said...

Babies want their mommy's when they are sick! Even us adults want to be babied when we are sick! Hold her when you can and if you need me to come down and hold her I will. Hope you all feel better! Love, Mom (Penny)

Anonymous said...

At least this is one hurt that you can, to some small extent, actually help.

Later on in life the hurts of the heart can make you feel helpless.

Do what you can and all you can. Then trust God to take care of the remainder.

Anonymous said...

Poor things! It's hard when you're sick to care for a baby when they are sick! If her throat seems sore, might try some fruit popsicles. Don't know what she'll think of the coldness tho'. And just like Penny, I'd be happy to come up and help out, just give a call. Love and hugs, Mom

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you are sick but you can still update!!!! When are you comming to visit next?
Natalie