8/19/06

Just pluggin' along

Not too much going on these days, just typical summer fun... visiting friends and family, trying to stay cool. We got to see Aunt Mandy a week ago. It was the first time she and V met each other, since Mandy was sick when she was home last time (way back in December). As always, the visit was short, but I'm so glad she was able to stop by to see us. I was without my digital camera for that weekend, so I'll have to get pics from mom to post later.

We got a new gadget! I finally broke down and bought a real high chair for the house. We had just the portable one that strapped to a chair, and my back's been killing me from bending over. So, thanks in part to a gift from Uncle Jimmy & Aunt Andy (thanks, guys!), we were able to get a new highchair! These things have come a long way from the wooden contraptions our parents had for us. It comes with a detachable toy for when she's sitting but not eating, etc. V loves it, though!

We've spent a bit of time in the car this week, driving around shopping for a new vehicle to replace the monster truck. Hopefully I'll have pics of us to post in the new ride by mid-next week. We decided on a Honda CR-V. They're rated highly by Consumer Reports, and we love my Honda.

Last weekend when we were home, V started saying Dadadada, though sometimes it sounds more like Lala, and sometimes Jaja. If only Mama weren't so tough! In good time. And she's starting to scoot a little, but her preferred method of transportation across the floor is still rolling.

That's it from us for now!

3 comments:

D&G Anderson said...

She looks like she is ready for a meal! You will still love your portable one though when you go to restaurants. We take ours everywhere! The fun begins when she starts to THROW her food off the tray. The dogs will bond with V even more! If you ever want to swim at Delta with her let me know.
:)Gina

Anonymous said...

She looks great in that big high chair! I used to put Rod in the high chair and take it in the bathroom so that I could take a shower and he would be safe. He also used to get a hair cut in the high chair and even fell asleep during one. Can't wait to see her again! You guys too! Any chance you could come up next weekend?? Steve and Brena are coming Saturday and Steven and Pam are here permanately now!! Talk to ya soon! Love, Mom (Penny)

Plant Girl said...

So glad that I got to spend some time you gals! Wish that it could have been longer as well. I can't believe how big Miss V is and her smile just melts my heart.

Good luck finding a new vehicle. Car shopping is always fun! Until the new payment comes in of course. LOL